Establishing a routine with the Lord is something that I practice regularly. I am not your typical schedule woman, but routines suit my lifestyle on most days.
There is power in waking early with the Lord. This was a regular routine of David's life.
“O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You”
(Psalm 63:1a, NKJV)
Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)
But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. (Psalm 59:16)
A morning routine establishes and sets up my day with a clear focus on Him regardless of the day.
There are many tips for a successful morning. But I want to specifically talk about spiritual habits that build our relationship with the Lord.
I did a podcast last year for a four-day mind renewal intensive which you can find below. But there were some great tips that you can apply in a seven-day mind renewal plan or upgrade your intimacy and delight in the Lord.
You can listen to tips for Cultivating Your Mornings With Jesus here:
Top Tips - ( You could try 1 or 2 of these a morning)
1. Wake up slowly with no loud alarms try to focus on your first thoughts as you wake up and journal these.
2. Before your feet touch the floor take some time to worship God or speak to the Lord.
3. Prayer time with the Lord.
4. Spend time affirming and speaking who you are in Christ. Start declaring truths about the day before you.
5. Meditate on the attributes of God and His nature.
6. Make sure you take time to listen before the Lord and Journal everything.
7. Do you have a prayer or intercession list for others? Take the time to go through this with the Holy Spirit.
8. Talk to yourself every day the truths and word of God.
Look out for two more podcasts this week for the afternoon and evening routines.
Our new podcast Mind Renewal School is now available. So make sure you subscribe to get these podcasts and more.